Instrumental music tuition
Dromana College’s Instrumental Music Program offers all students opportunities to excel in all aspects of music. Classroom Music is offered from Years 7 to 12, including VCE Music Performance. Students also have the opportunity to study Instrumental Music lessons. Lessons are currently offered in Voice, Drums, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Brass, Woodwind and Piano.
At Dromana College, the Music program is based around the performing ensembles. Students take lessons in order to perform in a huge variety of choral, band and jazz ensembles and gain much benefit from participating in shared music making. They engage in and learn significant musical and social skills including; cooperation, leadership, discipline, responsibility, blending and contrasting and working within given parameters. It is a requirement of all students who learn an instrument at Dromana College to participate in the ensemble program by being active performing members of at least one major ensemble at school. This involves their weekly attendance to rehearsals as well as performing with the ensemble.
Students in all year levels are encouraged to be actively involved in a wide ranges of musical activities including:
- Perform in College productions
- Perform at Assemblies, Recitals, Lunchtime Concerts and Community Events
- Perform at the Soirees and Celebration Evening
- Complete music examinations such as AMEB
- Progress to advanced music studies through VCE Music
The following fees apply for Instrumental Music Tuition:
- Group Lessons (maximum 2 students) $100 per term ($200 per Semester)
- Individual Lessons $130 per term ($260 per Semester)
Please click on the MUSIC HANDBOOK link for further information.