VCE FURTHER MATHS 3/4
Students need to have satisfactorily completed Units 1 and 2 Methods or Units 1 and 2 General Mathematics in order to undertake this course
Further Maths Units 3 and 4 areas of study consist of a core part of the course that consists of Data Analysis, Recursion and Financial Modelling.
Students complete two modules:
- Networks and decision mathematics
Assumed knowledge and skills for the Core are contained in the General Mathematics Units 1 & 2 topics:
- Computation and practical arithmetic
- Investigating and comparing data distributions
- Investigating relationships between two numerical variables
- Linear graphs and modelling
- Linear relations and equations
- Number patterns and recursion
- Financial mathematics
A CAS calculator is ESSENTIAL for this subject.