School Laptop Program
At Dromana College we offer a successful 1:1 Laptop program for our Students. All students throughout the school are required to have a computer as a tool for learning. Our aim is to make this possible for all families at Dromana College.
Parents may choose BYOD (Bring your Own Device from Home) or to order through our Laptop Purchase Portal organised by Technology Company EduNET.
HOW TO PURCHASE
The EduNET Technology Portal is now open (closing 28th June in preparation for 2022):
Access Code: DC2021
Currently, our preferred device will be:
- Lenovo Yoga 11e 5th Generation (Intel Celeron, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD).
The Lenovo Yoga 11e has been our staple student device for the last 5 years. It has a touch screen and is sufficient for all areas of student learning across our College.
For 2021 there will be:
- School Standard Bundle: This will include 3 years’ worth of Warranty, Bag and Eduskin.
- Custom Bundle: Families are able to choose their own options including insurance and additional accessories.
SCHOOL ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS
Dromana College is offering alternative options for the first time. We have two options for parents to choose from.
- Apple MacBook Air 13″ (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD).
The MacBook Air 13″ is an entry model into the Apple range and is a great alternative for students or families who would prefer a Mac Computer.
- Lenovo Thinkpad L13 (Core i5, 8GB, 256GB SSD with Tablet Mode)
The Thinkpad L13 is a model that has higher specifications to the Yoga 11e, for students who wish to use their devices for specialty programs in our curriculum.
Parents who purchase a computer through an outside supplier or bring their own device:
- Minimum Specifications (Celeron CPU, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD running Windows 10 or Apple MacOS 10.13+)
- The College Technicians can fix Software related issues (Viruses, Problematic Software) with these devices.
- The College Technicians cannot fix any hardware related issues, they need to be logged with the manufacturer.
- Software is available through the School’s Technology Portal for installation onto these devices.
Please note: Windows 10 Home or Professional is our preferred Operating System. If purchasing from a retailer, please ask for Home or Professional Version. Windows 10 S-Mode does not meet school requirements.
WARRANTY AND INSURANCE BUNDLES
To ensure successful use of Technology in the College we have ensured that all Laptop purchases through our Portal are covered with 3 years’ worth of Warranty as standard. Parents may purchase 3 years of Insurance with any selection as well as part of the purchase process.
If purchased in Year 7, this will cover the device until the start of Year 10. A $75 ($125 for L13 & MacBook Air) excess is applied to any Insurance requests and this will cover accidental damage or theft. Warranty is applied if there is a fault with the computer, this is covered for free. All Warranty and Insurance cases are logged through the College’s Operations Team.
For full details of Insurance coverage please see the below document from the insurer iBroker.
Purchasing accessories for your device is also available through Dromana College. Students misplace their charger, bag or any other accessory, the school has signed up for the EduNET Accessories Portal to be available for parents and students to order a replacement. It will be delivered to the school and a text message can be arranged once delivery has been complete. Alternatively, you can personally visit the I.T Operations Team at the school.
Our BYOD Partner