Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au Find My School hosts the most up-to- date information about Victorian school zones for 2020 onwards.
Students residing in the zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under school zones
In Zone Enrolments
Right of entry
A child residing permanently in the neighbourhood area has the right to attend Dromana College unless already enrolled in a secondary school. Dromana College has a designated neighbourhood zone (see below) as defined by the Department of Education and Training.
The student must be living with the parent of guardian at the permanent address or spend a substantial part of their time at that address. The permanent residential address is defined as one where:
- The home is owned by the parent or guardian
- The home is under purchase
- The home is leased from a registered real estate agent for a minimum of 12months from the time a child is to commence. Evidence of the above will be required to authenticate residence. Other evidence may also be requested e.g: rates notice, utility bill, Medicare Card and relevant VISA documents (showing parent/legal guardian and child’s name)
There is no automatic sibling claim but ‘wherever practical’ a student should be enrolled at the same school as that attended by an older brother or sister who resides permanently as the same address.
Application for Year 7, 2021
Procedure for students living in the College neighbourhood zone. Each student will be provided with an application form for Year 7 student enrolment from their primary school. This form is general for all Year 6’s and is known as the Southern Metropolitan Region – Application for Enrolment (Year 7) form.
- Complete the form
- The address shown must be the student’s current residential address
- Identify Dromana College as your first choice
- Return the completed form to the primary school by the due date.
THIS FORM MUST BE RETURNED TO PRIMARY SCHOOL
You will be contacted by your primary school after Dromana College has informed them that we have accepted the student placement.
Out Of Zone Enrolments
Process for completing an Out of Zone Application
- Ensure that Dromana College is indicated as the preferred school on the Year Application for Enrolment (Year 7) form provided by your child’s primary school in April.
- Provide any supporting evidence for an out of zone application according to the guidelines outlined and submit in writing with the Enrolment Form.
Order for priority
The priority order of placement is as follows:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
- Where the Regional Director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds
- All other students in order of closeness of the their home to the school
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
Specific Curriculum Grounds Claims
Parents/Guardians who live outside the neighbourhood area may be considered for enrolment on the following curriculum grounds:
- The student has been studying either Indonesian or Japanese at primary school, their child’s neighbourhood school does not offer these languages as part of the curriculum and the child is interested in pursuing these studies to a senior level.
- The student has a desire to apply for LEAP
- The student has a desire to participate in the Instrumental Music Program and has a proven interest in that area of the curriculum.
- The parent/guardian ie able to demonstrate clear curriculum continuity links between their child’s primary school and the college.
Additional information may be sought to support an application for enrolment on curriculum grounds. It is essential that all communication between the college and parents is in writing and processed according to the above guidelines.
A guardian is defined as one who has been legally appointed to take responsibility for the person making the application for enrolment.
Year 8 – 12, 2020/2021 enrolments:
The enrolment application form must be submitted for all students. If you are out of the Dromana College school zone an Expression of Interest form needs to be completed.
Please email: email@example.com with the completed form.
Once the application and required documentation has been received, you may be contacted by the College. Approved enrolments will be considered for commencement at the beginning of semesters one and two unless extraordinary circumstances can be demonstrated.