Dromana College Athletics Squad trains every Tuesday and Wednesday morning, 7-15-8.15am. In recent years the Athletics Squad has proved to be a resounding success, achieving our best ever results in Athletics and Cross Country.
The Athletics Squad aims to:
• Engage students in physical activity as a way to promote healthy lifestyles, relationships and mental health.
• Give students access to specialised coaching across a range of athletic disciplines and, as a consequence, improve student’s performance
• Provide students with opportunities to access external resources within the field of athletics.
• Cater to students of all abilities
• Provide students with the opportunity to experience elite level training, strength and conditioning and to use this as a means to build persistence, resilience and confidence
• Give students an awareness of the importance of inclusiveness
The Athletics Squad caters to all ability levels and we do not limit the number of spaces available. If more students want to participate in the program then Dromana College is committed to running extra sessions and employing extra coaches to meet this demand and to ensure that any child who wishes to participate is able to do so.
|Year 7-12||Tuesday and Wednesday
7:15am – 8:15am
|$120 per Term||Dromana College Gym / Oval /
The program focusses on exposing students to specialist coaching in the areas of: • Sprinting
• Cross Country
• High Jump
• Long Jump/Triple Jump
• Relay Running
• Shot Put
We also incorporate a number of additional excursions for squad members to encompass activities such as:
• Excursions to cross country events to compete with other schools
• Victorian Institute of Sport and other professional sporting organisations training facilities
• An end of year training and conditioning camp where students are able to live like an elite athlete
• Athletics Squad polo top
• Bus Travel to and from Athletics Squad events
• Access to specialist coaches and coaching by Athletics Victoria Accredited Coaches
• Breakfast Club 8.15-8.45am