The introduction of an Athletics Squad has been a resounding success and Dromana College formalised the Athletics Squad as an Enhancement Program.
The Athletics Squad aims to:
- Engage students in physical activity as a way to promote healthy lifestyles, relationships and mental health.
- Give students access to specialised coaching across a range of athletic disciplines and, as a consequence, improve student’s performance.
- Provide students with opportunities to access external resources within the field of athletics.
- Cater to students of all abilities.
- Give students an awareness of the importance of inclusiveness.
- Provide students with the opportunity to experience elite level training, strength and conditioning and to use this as a means to build persistence, resilience and confidence.
The Athletics Squad trains twice a week in the morning before school and is open to all year levels and abilities.
The program focuses on exposing students to specialist coaching in the areas of:
- Cross Country
- High Jump
- Long Jump / Triple Jump
- Relay Running
- Shot Put
|Tuesday and Wednesday
7:15am – 8:15am
|$50 per term
|Dromana College Gym / Oval /
The program focusses on exposing students to specialist coaching in the areas of:
• Cross Country
• High Jump
• Long Jump/Triple Jump
• Relay Running
• Shot Put
We also incorporate a number of additional excursions for squad members to encompass activities such as:
• Excursions to cross country events to compete with other schools
• Victorian Institute of Sport and other professional sporting organisations training facilities
• Athletics Squad polo top
• Bus Travel to and from Athletics Squad events
• Access to specialist coaches and coaching by Athletics Victoria Accredited Coaches
• Breakfast Club 8.15-8.45am