The AFL Program is a partnership between Dromana College and our local junior football clubs. The program takes place weekly.
The AFL Program aims to:
• Engage students in physical activity as a way to promote healthy lifestyles, relationships and mental health.
• Give students access to specialised AFL coaching and, as a consequence, improve student’s performance
• Provide students with opportunities to access external resources within the field of AFL.
• Cater to students of all abilities and all age groups, including both boys and girls
• Provide students with the opportunity to experience elite level training, strength and conditioning and to use this as a means to build persistence, resilience and confidence
• Give students an awareness of the importance of inclusiveness
The AFL Program caters to all ability levels and we do not limit the number of spaces available. If more students want to participate in the program then Dromana College are committed to running extra sessions and employing extra coaches to meet this demand and to ensure that any child who wishes to participate is able to.
In 2021 the program will be overseen by high level coaches and a team of AFL Youth accredited coaches to develop and implement the program on a weekly basis.
Term 2 and 3
|$50 per Term||Dromana College Gymnasium|
- Access to specialise coaches and coaching
- Breakfast Club 8.15am – 8.45am