2022 / 2023
Information on how to find, enrol, and start a child in your care at a school in Victoria is available on the Victorian government website.
To enrol your child at our school:
- Complete our enrolment expression of interest and populate all the required fields displayed, including evidence of permanent residence in line with Enrolment: Determining permanent residence
- We will assess eligibility to attend based on our school zone and the Department’s Placement Policy (see the School zones section below for more information) and advise you of the outcome
- If your child is eligible to attend Dromana Secondary College, we will invite you to attend a school tour/student support meeting where we will provide an enrolment pack (including enrolment form) and information about how to support your child’s education
- Submit the Enrolment form and additional required documents (outlined below)
Required documentation for enrolment includes:
- Completed enrolment form (to be provided after the student support meeting)
- Evidence of identity and date of birth (for example, a birth certificateor passport)
You will also be required to provide information about:
- your contact details
- emergency contact details
- health information about your child (such as allergies or illnesses they need to manage)
- other legal orders relating to your child and their welfare (if any)
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones.
Students residing in our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address. Our school does not have sufficient accommodation to offer entry to students residing outside of our zone, unless directed to do so by the Regional Director, South-Eastern Victoria Region on compassionate grounds as per the Enrolment: Placement Policy.
The Department provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
For more information
THIS EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR 2022 YEAR 6 STUDENTS.
ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE VIA YOUR CHILD’S PRIMARY SCHOOL.